Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sorry for the delay

I haven't had a whole lot of time with work and all kinds of other miscellaneous projects coming up. School has been pretty hectic lately, so I apologize for slacking on the internship posts. The majority of the work has been with a wide range of clients. We've shot with Circuit City for a bunch of product shots, typically one shoot a week, ranging anywhere from 4-6 hours in shoot time. We also photographed the U of R Spiders football team, the photo was to be used for their posters for the upcoming season. Over the past week alone, I worked a total of 22 hours, it was kind of a slow week, but I spent a lot of time with spring cleaning: reorganizing closet space, cleaning cameras and lenses, painting cyc walls. You know, all the fun stuff.

This next week is supposed to be really slow as well, but I planned on coming in and shoot some copystand photos, possibly some books, print work and a few other things for portfolio. Besides that, I do have a few events coming up that I planned on photographing, including lacrosse, and a Nascar event where I'm shooting for Associated Press. I'm not sure if I would consider that internship, but it was directly related to it, as Scott referred me to get the job, so yes, more or less. I should have some more postings soon, just to make sure I keep up with all the goings on before the end of the semester.

Just for the record, I did work at least one 8 hour day a week (Wednesdays were the designated day for me to come in). Besides that, the typical blog posts on here are for documentation of special occasions that were off the norm, and different things I've learned while going through the duration of this internship.

Most important thing I've learned recently, make sure you have good communication with co-workers, it can lead to more bullshit than you need to worry about.

No comments: